Thursday, May 1, 2008

Unit 4

This unit focuses on argument and evidence. After learn this unit I notice that not all of the text have include argument and evidence. In the reading 4.3, it is concerned with the issue of evidence. From this reading I also have how the writer uses the evidence to support his argument. in this reading, the writer use the case of the kidnapping of the infant son of Charles Lindberg and examines the evidence to make a conclusion. Other than that, I learn that, we could always ask ourselves ‘what is evidence’ before make a conclusion. If the evidence is confused, we must to wait for other evidence. The next chapter, I have learned the definition of statistic. The statistic is intended to caution the readers into a more into a more informed response to the texts that links facts and figures.

The article ‘Burning out at nine’ in the reading 4.2 is about children that have overscheduled. in the text, the writer write some argument and each argument has supported by evidence. It was hard to me to understand the crooked and fallacious thinking. It needs me to read more than one time to understand it. From my reading, I understand that crooked and fallacious thinking is not only evidence of illogical mental process and poor communication. But it use to persuade people to ward particular belief or course of action.

No comments: